After watching the first two teaser trailers, there are a couple of theories that I’ve developed but have yet to see posted anywhere else. So, here are some awesome new ideas about the next trilogy, the characters and what we might see in Episode 7:
- For the bulk of my points, let’s make the following assumptions about events that take place prior to Episode 7:
- Kylo Ren and Rey are the twin children of Han and Leia.
- Both Ren and Rey began their Jedi training (i.e. see Leia handing the lightsaber to Rey in the second teaser), presumably with Luke.
- Ren fell to the Dark Side, ran away and took control of what’s left of the empire (called the “First Order” now) and became a Sith Lord (master or apprentice?).
- Rey left her Jedi training, ran away with the Millennium Falcon and became a spaceship scavenger, eventually acquiring BB-8 and makes her way to Jakku by the time EP7 starts.
- Listen to the voice-over of Luke talking again.
- It’s clearly the speech he gave Leia on Endor, re-edited for effect.
- Listen to the echoed voice next to Luke’s. That voice belongs to Ren.
- Ren has the power. His sister (Rey) has it.
- Ren’s journey mirror’s Luke’s, except he gave into the Dark Side and became a Sith Lord.
- “You can have that power too” means there is going to be a massive surge in Force-sensitive people throughout the galaxy as the Force “awakens.”
- Han and Chewie are “home” because they track down Rey on Jakku, go aboard the Falcon (see BB-8 is already on board in the second teaser) and get the Falcon back from her at long last. Then they, or more likely Rey, fly the Falcon away with the Empire still in pursuit (see scenes of the Falcon flying in both teasers).
- Finn is the anomaly in the whole plot picture. He’s a stormtrooper who is Force-sensitive, like Luke/Leia/Ren/Rey. He is a wrench in the works of what Ren has been building. Ren needs him captured or killed as soon as possible. So, he sends some TIE Fighters after him. He bumps into Rey who rescues him, gets him to the Falcon, just in time to find daddy (Han) waiting, and away they all fly together. I’ve also read rumors that he ends up with Poe Dameron and eventually escapes with him (the TIE fighter blowing up the landing bay on the Star Destroyer in the second teaser), but I like my idea more.
- Who is the chrome stormtrooper? I’ve heard rumors he’s related to the Inquistors from the Star Wars:Rebels series, but nothing confirmed.
- What about the role Andy Serkis is playing? His character provided the voice-over from the first teaser, but he’s nowhere in the second.
- Where is Luke exactly as he sits by the firelight? Did he run away after failing to train Ren and Rey?